Wednesday, April 5, 2017

DAY #3: Up the Ramp at Saturn, it's Personal

Today I am biting the bullet and posting one of my own poems.  I have shared with several people that the environment design in Saturn: Bringer of Old Age, is probably the most personal of the seven planets.

While this poem reflects the design, it should not constrain people from taking their own interpretations of the music and environment.  This project is intended inspire creativity, not legislate it.  Yet I do hope that this poem opens a window, as it were, to what was behind Saturn for me, and inspire further poetical expressions.




The Window
By Caledonia Skytower

Twenty inches square
she looks out of it,
and views the world.
decades of living assured
her view is comprehensive
although constrained.

I remember her window
when I was small:
beautiful, faceted,
encompassing a wide view.
Shining, my small light
basked in hers.

Now I can only watch,
eighty years are distilled
handfuls of memory
momentary blips in
the vast possibilities
of life, love, experience.

I want to understand,
offer due respect in love.
I look through the pane,
trying to see what she sees,
striving to not dismiss her
or to hate her old age.

In the reflection
of once-bright glass
I see only myself,
the hand of Saturn
resting gently, inevitably
on my own shoulder.

##

Poems can be submitted at the drop boxes on LEA 4, or by emailing them to caledoniaskytower at g mail (dot) com.

No comments:

Post a Comment